The Barnabas Team of the Diocese is a network to discern, encourage and support spiritual development, enrich discipleship, leading to effective witness and mission. It is led by the Spirituality Convenor (post currently vacant). The network brings together those in the Diocese, and beyond, who are able to offer spiritual resourcing and ideas. The BT reports to the Standing Committee and Synod.
Current priorities of the Barnabas Team are as follows:
· to continue to encourage spiritual direction
· to offer spirituality days
· to provide an annual suggestion for a parish Lent course
· to continue to upload web-based spirituality resources
· to encourage the discussion of and development of spiritual experience
· to respond to invitations to provide spiritual input
· to provide creative and imaginative suggestions for occasional liturgical use
· to ensure financial support for the Katafiyio Retreat House and Retreats Ministry
· to annually review, assess, measure the BT impact on parishes
Do click on ‘Spirituality Resources’ to find materials that are recommended for use in your parish. The Barnabas Team values hearing from parishes in the Diocese regarding spirituality resourcing that can be shared with other parishes.