ANGLICAN ALLIANCE REGIONAL FACILITATOR & PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATOR
Jerusalem and the Middle East
Salary (Approx.) – £26-30,000dependent on experience
- Overall purpose of post:
- To work closely with the Province and Dioceses in the region and with their related agencies to build the capacity of the Church for development, relief and advocacy, especially to achieve greater sustainability.
- To liaise with the regional steering committee and the Anglican Alliance Co-Executive Directors in collecting and sharing information in the region.
- Specific roles and duties:
- To develop a three year regional plan and an annual work programmebased on the priorities agreed by the regional consultation in September 2016. To be reviewed annually via the steering committee.
- Development: Mapping and sharing best practices identified in the region and facilitating joint learning and capacity building activities for church-based social development within the region.
- Relief: Liaising with the Anglican Alliance Relief Managerand regional reference group to accompany and help coordinate dioceses and provinces affected by disaster.
- Advocacy: encouraging participation by the province and dioceses in the region in shaping and delivering the Alliance’s global and regional advocacy initiatives.
- Theology:Working with churches in the region on Theological and Biblical Approaches on Development and Mission
- Join weekly calls of the Anglican Alliance global Secretariat
- Co-ordinate 4-6 regional steering committee meetings per annum
- Plan and facilitate a regional consultation, in agreement with the steering committee, at least once every 3 years.
- Act as an administrative officer for the Synod of the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East
- Works in partnership with the Anglican Alliance Middle East director.
- Accountable to the Provincial Standing Committee through the President Bishop
- Assist President Bishop in relations with Anglican Communion
- Primates meetings
- Lambeth meeting of bishops
- ACC meetings
- Coordinate with and assist the Provincial Secretary in communication and managing Provincial meetings
- provincial synod meetings
- Triennial Provincial Clergy Conference
- Coordinate with and assist the Provincial Treasurer for managing financial partnerships
- GFO (TEC)
- NZABM (Lenten Appeal)
- UTO (TEC)
- Australian Board of Mission (projects)
- Archbishop of Canterbury’s Fund
- Presiding Bishop’s Fund for World Relief (disaster etc – TEC)
- Diocese of Iran money management
- Exceptional communicator, facilitator and networker
- Experience in areas of relief, development, theology and/or advocacy
- Experience of working with the Church and/or faith-based organisations
- Excellent communicator in both English and Arabic
- Fully competent in use of the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Cultural fluency; ability to work with multiple nationalities and ethnic traditions
- Willingness/ability to travel according to the needs of the work
- Experience in working on one or more of the following: economic empowerment, women/youth empowerment, trafficking/slavery, climate justice and food security.
- A passport that enables access across the Province.
- Three year contract, with a six-month probationary period. To be employed on local terms under a local contract, as agreed with the relevant Anglican/Episcopal Church authority.
- The Anglican Alliance will have a written agreement with the relevant Church employer &reimburse the facilitator’s salary on the basis of 2.5 days per week. The Anglican Alliance will cover agreed travel costs and will provide budget for regional expenditure. The Province will cover 2.5 days per week salary, provide office space and resources for administering the office.
- The post preferably to be located in Cyprus or Jordan, support towards office expenditure to be shared by the Province and the Anglican Alliance.
For more information or an informal talk please contact
Rev Andrew Bowerman,Co-Executive Director – email@example.com
For information about the Anglican Alliance – www.anglicanalliance.org
Apply by sending a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org your interest and competence for the post along with a current CV
Deadline for receipt of applications March 10, 2017.
Initial interviews via Skype will be in the w/c 27 March, 2017